Rottweiler is in its happiest mood when it is given any sort of tasks. Their endurance, intelligence and eagerness to perform a job make them suitable as a service dog and also a devoted companion. So we can say that it has as an inborn instinct to work as a protector, Rottweiler is self-confident. A keen observer, patient and silent with tolerating and persistent attitude. Proper handling and efficient grooming can easily make this breed a worthwhile member of any family.
Some important and essential tips for proper grooming of this breed are as follows:-
Generally Rottweiler’s personal grooming is suggested after every 4 to 8 weeks intervals, to clean ears, clip nails, checking anal glands and also to ensure that the coat and skin both are in healthy condition.
- Eyes should be clear, alert and bright. Special eye care solution may be used during bath to clear any kind of foreign particles.
- Monthly ear cleaning and ear care is advisable to make sure that there will be no ear problems arising which will affect his attention.
- Generally Rottweiler requires a bath monthly. It should be a general bath with any medicated products. This should be followed up with a medicated conditioner to keep the coat in great shape.
- Paw balm should be used weekly to keep the paws pad soft and to prevent it from drying and cracking.
- Shedding blade can be used to pull out the dead coat.
- Along with grooming it is also very important to train your Rottweiler as well. Training is not a one day process. Training of Rottweileris an ongoing commitment which you should continue to carry out every day.
Some of the important and necessary Rottweiler’s training tips are as follows:
- Young Age: The first step to train your Rottweiler is that you should start their training process at a very young age. It is important if you start it between the ages of 6 weeks to 6 months.
- Understand Dominance: The idea of dominance based training is that your pet should follow the rules established by you in order to improve his or her behavior. There are several things which you can follow to encourage your pet’s behavior without being harsh and rude to your dog.
- Socialization: It is very important to notice that your dog should be comfortable and happy among strangers. This can be done by taking your puppy out for walks to the parks, friend’s house etc.
- Positive Reinforcement: Training by reward is the best way to communicate with your dog. Positive reinforcement is training your dog by giving rewards to his actions.
- Avoid physical discipline: During training process one should avoid physical discipline which can stress out your dog and make it aggressive.
- Patience: This is one of the most important and hardest steps in this training procedure. Always be cool and calm. If you are calm then your pet will be calm. The more patience you use the better result you will get.
Ignore bad behavior by growling and diverting attention to something you control Jayne.firstname.lastname@example.org