How to Understand Canine Allergies in Your Dog
Canine allergies are very common these days. Some of the most common symptoms of allergies amongst dogs are itching, scratching, digging etc. For humans we have certain attributes like we sneeze, our eyes becomes red and sometimes we might get breathing problem, but for dogs it is very difficult to understand at times. Breeds like Rottweiler’s, Boxers, Pugs are very prone to allergies.
Following are some tips that will help you to understand about canine allergies :
- Any breed is susceptible to insect bite allergies. To prevent this regular checking is necessary; if your dog is bitten by an insect it is important to get it treated by a doctor immediately to avoid further spread of infection.
- Sometimes it becomes difficult to understand from which component your dog is getting the allergy. It is important to keep a tab on every food your dog is eating. This will help you to get a better understanding about the actual reason of the allergy.
- It is also seen that dogs are sometimes allergic to chemicals like shampoo, soaps etc and other man made materials.
- Inhalant Atopy Allergies – Sometimes dog allergies are very common are prone to allergies from seasonal pollens. It is important to contact your vet before any emergency occurs. The vet can do the necessary tests and medicines.
- Sometimes dog food can be the reason for allergies. If you are giving your dog a particular brand of food and suddenly you have changed to another brand it might cause allergy if your dog is extra sensitive.
- Mal nutrition can be the reason for canine allergies. Rottweiler grows rapidly for that proper nutrition is required. So it is important to give your puppy the right and quality dog food.
- Before buying dog food it is important to look at the ingredients of the food. This will help you begin to understand which not to buy for your dog.
- Vaccination can be the reason for the canine allergies. Vaccines like rabies, leptospirosis can sometimes be the factor of the allergies. This happens when your dog is very sensitive. Allergic reactions can happen minutes after the shots are given.
- It is necessary to give your vet the information about your dog’s allergy lists, so that they can tailor medication so there is no conflict. And during the time of any emergency this list will be very handy.
- Sometimes if your dog is under heavy antibiotics than allergy can occur.
We are the most reputed Rottweiler breeders in QLD, Australia who knows all the common health issues in Rottweilers . Hope you will also like to get Coalfire Rottweiler Training Guide here.